- If you are under 13 years of age, do not use this site.
- If you are a researcher or host research articles, and you come across a full-text article that has been restricted to purchasing, use the contact form to identify the article. Please indicate which page you found it on, your credentials, and what organization you represent. Any full-text article was originally found and downloaded for free from the sites that host such research. TNF 13 does not have privileged access to any periodicals or educational host sites.
- You hereby acknowledge that the information on this site is to get help to those who may need it, and will not use anything from this site to stalk, harass, bully, insult, threaten, label, defame, or otherwise cause intentional harm to anyone.
- You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any materials shall be at your sole risk. If you become aware of an error, you are encouraged to use the contact form and report it, along with the source for your correction. This site reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make aesthetic improvements to or correct any factual, spelling, or hyperlink errors or omissions in any portion of the materials contained herein. The information held on this site does not constitute professional counseling or guidance.
- This site does not accept liability for any kind of damages or consequential damages arising from the use or loss of use from this site.
- This site will never suggest that you keep knowledge of any crime from law enforcement professionals, and this site is not responsible if you choose to withhold that information. If you submit information through this site or the blog that indicates a crime has been committed, or you suspect one has occurred, it will be reported to law enforcement.
- You hereby acknowledge that your use of this site will be in keeping with the laws in your area, and that your use will not infringe on the rights of or restrict the use of this site to others. You agree not to use the information on this site to stalk, harass, or otherwise cause distress to others, and you agree not to interfere with the flow of information on this site.
- The point of this site is not to give any kind of legal, medical, educational, mental health, or other kinds of advice. This is an academically-oriented resource site intended to bring in information from multiple sources for ease of use. If you have attractions, thoughts, or feelings that you are concerned about, please get yourself to a mental health professional that specializes in that area, and do not rely solely on the information contained in this site. I will never encourage you to break the law or any kind of legal requirements you have, and I am not responsible if you do.
- Should you seek mental health help for any reason, you are hereby notified that a mental health provider may be required to report to law enforcement under circumstances specific to that provider and the location they are in. These are called “mandatory reporting laws”: These laws vary by location, and you are responsible for knowing what they are and how they affect your situation.
- The research and information covered in this site is open for discussion, and in no way breaches or breaks the boundaries of the law in any state of the United States of America where I live.
- I am not a mental health professional nor do I claim to have any formal medical background. I am not liable, either expressly or in an implied manner, nor claim any responsibility for any emotional or physical problems that may occur directly or indirectly from reading this site.
- TNF 13 is the author of “The Primary Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse” blog and site. TNF 13 is its own entity, and “The Primary Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse” is not affiliated with any organization, nor is TNF 13 a spokesperson any organization named or linked in both sites. TNF 13 references materials from a variety of sources for ease of access and claims no responsibility for external material. The existence of any links or name mentions do not constitute an endorsement by TNF 13 of that organization or individual’s views or activities.
Mental Health Warnings And Disclaimers
- This is an informational site. The resources made available by this website are general in nature, and provided for informational purposes only. They are the opinions of a non-professional. This site should not be used to replace the specialized training and professional judgment of a health care or mental health care professional.
- This site cannot be held responsible for the use of the information provided. Please always consult a physician or a trained mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others.
- Self-help information and information from the internet is useful, but it is not a substitute for professional advice. If you are currently in treatment or in therapy, please consult your therapist, psychiatrist or mental health professional before you use any of the information contained herein.
- This website and its content (including any uploaded information) is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional, medical, legal, or any other advice. In addition, this site makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment or action by any person following the information offered or provided within or through the website. If you have specific concerns or find yourself in a situation in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
- All information is intended only to help you cooperate with your doctor, in your efforts toward desirable sexual health. Only you and your doctor can determine what is right for you.
- All information is generalized, presented for informational purposes only, not medical advice, and presented “as is” without warranty or guarantee of any kind. Readers are cautioned not to rely on this information as medical advice and to consult a qualified mental health professional other appropriate professional to address their specific needs or circumstances.
- Please seek immediate professional help:
- If you have thoughts of harming or killing yourself or others
• If you are severely disabled and are unable to care for yourself or those in your care
• If you are abusing drugs or alcohol, or have an addiction
• If you or someone else is in any danger of harm
• If you have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder or suspect you have one
• If you or a loved one are in need of an intervention